Why is it so healthy?Coconut oil contains an ideal energy source known as MCFAs (medium chain fatty acids). These are the major benefits of MCFAs in this oil:
- Easily digestible (unlike other fats)
- Anti-microbial and anti-fungal
- MCF’s are easily processed by the liver and provides instant energy (instead of being stored as the fat)
Treatment and Disease Prevention
Improves bone & joint healthAs they get older, a number of people suffer from joint related problems such as arthritis, osteoporosis and inflammation. Coconut oil, with its high levels of antioxidants, can not only reduce inflammation but it is also effective in the treatment of joint pain. The medium-chain fatty acids in coconut oil make it both an analgesic and anti-inflammatory. This oil is quite effective in the treatment of osteoporosis as well because it increasing calcium absorption in the gut. Additionally, coconut oil increases bone volume and decreases bone loss thus improving overall bone health.
Prevents heart diseaseThe natural saturated fats in coconut oil are highly effective in preventing heart diseases and resolving high blood pressure. Saturated fats increase the healthy cholesterol in the body and keep the bad cholesterol in check. This maintains overall heart health.
Effectively treats Alzheimer’s diseaseAlzheimer patients struggle with the reduced ability to use carbs for energy in certain parts of the brain. The ketones present in coconut oil can provide an alternative energy source for malfunctioning brain cells and substantially reduce the symptoms of Alzheimer’s.
Here are some additional benefits:
- Prevents kidney infection and liver disease
- Boosts the immune system due to antiviral and anti-fungal properties
- Effective in resolving certain skin problems, hair care, weight loss, and hormonal imbalances