- ½ cup Finaflex Vanilla Cakebatter Clear Protein (52g)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour (14g)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder (2.5ml)
- a dash of ground nutmeg
- 2 large egg whites (66g) at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted (15ml or 14g)
- Unsweetened Applesauce (38g)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (45ml or 42g)
- 1 tablespoon Swerve confectioner’s style erythritol (15g)
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Mix protein powder, coconut flour, baking powder, and nutmeg until well combined.
- Add egg whites and coconut oil, applesauce, and mix well.
- Spoon the batter into a ziplock bag, and cut off a corner.
- Pipe batter into your pan of choice.
- Bake for 18*** minutes, and see if the cake is firm. If not, check every 1-2 minutes and remove from oven as soon as they are firm. (***my oven tends to take longer than others on all recipes).
- Let cool slightly, and remove cake from pan. (Feel free to pop the pan in the fridge or freezer to speed this up!)
- Set the cake in the freezer while you mix the glaze ingredients. (The cooler the donuts are, the better they will take the glaze.)
- Dip the cake in the glaze, and make sure it is covered by turning it over in the glaze.
- Place glazed cake on a parchment-lined dish or tray.
- Once the cake is glazed, set the tray in the refrigerator or freezer for a few minutes to help set the glaze.
- If you have extra glaze, give the cake a second coating.
- Once the glaze is cool and set, serve and enjoy!