We all love a good protein bar, but most of the ones that you find at your local grocers are filled with artificial ingredients and excess added sweeteners. Did you know that you can make a much more wholesome and healthier version at home?
We used our NEW Oatmeal Protein Pie VEGAN Powder to add a boost of all-natural oat-based protein to these healthy homemade granola bars. Let us show you how we did it!
Ingredients you’ll need:
1 bag of your favorite pre-mixed granola
2 ripe bananas
2 tbsp. agave nectar
FINAFLEX Oatmeal Protein Pie Powder (3-4 scoops)
¼ cup nut butter of your choice
These ingredients can be fully customized to your preferences. The final product will vary depending on the granola that you choose, the nut butter that you choose, and whatever add-ins you decide upon. Our granola included cocoa nibs, but you can also add in some chocolate chips to satisfy little kiddos!
How to make:
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
- Pour in the granola, and mix until combined.
- Add the agave nectar and nut butter (we used almond butter)
- Measure out 3-4 scoops of the FINAFLEX Oatmeal Protein Pie Powder. You can customize based on the amount of protein you want (more powder will make them more filling).
- Fold until the mixture is totally combined.
- Divide into 6 equal portions on a lined baking sheet
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until they’ve browned and the moisture has reduced by about half.
When you pull the bars from the oven, a golden-brown crust should have coated the outside. They should look a bit dryer and hold their shape when removed from the parchment.
Remove from the baking sheet and lay out to cool. Once completely cooled, you can individually wrap them in tin foil for a quick snack on the go. This is truly a snack that can keep up with your busy life. Whether you're a mom on-the-go, a fitness junkie, or just a healthy snacker, you can't go wrong with high quality vegan protein.
For years, FINAFLEX has been devoted to helping you achieve the best version of yourself. In 2021, we are looking to advance those efforts. That's why we've introduced this new vegan protein.
We noticed a hole in the protein market. Why was there no oat-based vegan protein??? We had to remedy the issue, and thus, The Oatmeal Protein Pie Powder was born. This one of a kind game-changer is exactly what every plant-based beast needs.