FINAFLEX - 2022
How Much Protein Do You Need?
Protein is an essential nutrient that your body needs to function properly. It supports healthy muscle growth and gives you energy when you need it most. You’ve probably heard all about how important it is to get enough protein in your daily diet, but it can be difficult to determine how much you need and where to get it from. With so many different schools of thought about these details, it’s essential that you stay informed about what’s best for your unique body. Adjust your protein intake and sources in response to your fitness and physique goals, so that you can maximize the results of your efforts.
How Much Protein Do I Need?
Because of all the various benefits of protein, nutrition experts recommend getting at least 10% of your calories from protein each day—though more may be better if you’re strength training regularly or trying to lose weight. This comprehensive guide to protein will help you get enough protein in your diet to live happily and healthily!
Protein is essential for the body to build and repair tissues, make enzymes and hormones, and helps you create new muscle mass. Getting enough protein can be tricky, especially if you're trying to eat healthy food. One way to make sure you're getting enough protein is to use protein powder. Protein powder can help you hit your daily protein goals and get the nutrients your body needs. Use it as an alternative to sugary drinks or fatty foods to get the extra protein you need. It's also easy to take with you when traveling so that you never have to worry about whether or not you're eating healthy food. FINAFLEX Clear Protein is low carb and low fat, so you don’t have to worry about it getting in the way of your macros! Plus it helps that it tastes like a milkshake.
But how much protein do you need? The amount of protein you need in your diet depends on several factors, including your age, activity level, and muscle mass. The average adult needs 0.36 grams per pound of body weight or about 55 grams per day. However, if you're trying to build muscle or lose weight, you may need more protein. However, it's important to remember that health should always come first. Don’t eat excessive amounts of fatty meats or carb-loaded legumes to hit your protein goals, you’ll just feel bloated and sluggish.
Protein Shakes are a Great Way to Pack in More Protein
Do I Need a Protein Supplement?
Protein powder can help you meet your protein needs and is a convenient way to get additional protein in your diet.
• If you don't eat enough protein from whole foods, then supplementation may be the next best option. Look for high-protein snacks to replace your typical junk food and protein shakes to fill the slot of morning smoothies
• Make sure to consider whether supplements are right for you before buying one. Consider your fitness goals and adjust accordingly. If you’re trying to build a lot of muscle, a supplement will make your life a lot easier.
• Remember that not all supplements are created equal! Be sure to purchase quality products made with high-quality ingredients such as whey protein isolate and natural flavors. FINAFLEX produces our famous Clear Protein in-house so that we can have full control over our strict quality and purity standards. You can really taste the difference!
Is there such a thing as “too much of a good thing”? We’ve discussed how much protein you need, but can you have too much of it? To find out, researchers from the University of North Carolina set out to determine what happens when people who are dieting increase their intake from 50 grams per day to 150 grams per day over the course of 16 weeks.
The findings were not what they expected: while weight loss did decrease as expected with increased protein intake, those who were in the 150-grams-per-day group actually lost more fat than those in the 50-grams-per-day group — indicating that excess protein might not be bad for you after all!
Choosing a Good Protein Powder
When choosing a protein powder, make sure it is lab-tested for quality assurance.
Our Clear protein goes through a rigid series of testing to certify its quality and purity. Love the benefits of protein powder but hate the taste? If you're looking for a good-tasting protein powder, try one with whey protein. Whey protein is a dairy product that's easy to digest and has a high biological value, meaning it contains all the essential amino acids your body needs. Plus, it's a complete protein, so it has all the amino acids in the right ratios. Whey protein is also low in lactose, so it's suitable for people who are lactose intolerant. It also tastes great! We use whey protein to make our world-famous protein powder, and you’ll see just how delicious protein shakes can be when you do them correctly. Need an easy breakfast? Try blending together 1 scoop of Clear Protein with 1 cup of nonfat milk or soy milk, some fruit, ice cubes, and yogurt for a tasty protein-packed smoothie.
Tips for Eating More Protein
1. Fill up on protein-rich foods at breakfast. An egg and cheese sandwich or oatmeal with peanut butter are both good options, but if you don’t have time, opt for a nutrient-rich protein powder.
2. Get your midday protein fix with a protein snack such as the FINAFLEX Oatmeal Protein Pie, the Protein Cream Cake, or the Power Pie! Snacks like these make it super convenient to boost your protein intake without stopping the momentum of the day.
3. Fill up your plate with protein-rich sources such as chicken, turkey, or tofu. Try to satisfy your hunger with these protein-rich foods rather than filling up on the free bread before the meal!
No matter what your health and fitness goals are, protein is going to be an important part of them! There are so many low-quality protein supplements and snacks plaguing the marketplace right now, and we’re sick of it. That’s why we took matters into our own hands and started manufacturing our protein powder in-house! So you can feel better about the fact that your supplements are being held to a higher standard.
Now you can stock up and save on high-quality supplements such as our Clear Protein with the FINAFLEX.com LABOR DAY SALE! Use the code ‘LABORDAY20’ to save 20% sitewide! Find some new products to help you #REDEFINEYOURSELF!
Clear Protein is the Best Tasting Protein Powder Out There!