Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls
Everyone wants to eat Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups all day, right? No? Just us? Well, all that candy doesn’t always fit into your macro goals, so we set out to find a better way to get all that chocolatey peanut butter flavor, without all the excess sugar. If you’re looking for an easy recipe that will keep you on track with your health goals but also satisfy that sweet tooth, look no further. These Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls have all the flavor of your favorite candy or dessert, but they’re packed with tons of protein to provide satiation and nutrition.
These babies aren’t just delicious, they’re not just healthy, they’re also EASY! They require only a few ingredients, and best of all, NO COOKING! Don’t even think about touching an oven or stove, because there’s no need here. Whip these up in just a few minutes and have a convenient treat at your disposal! Are you drooling yet? Us too, so let’s get started!
What You’ll Need (Ingredients):
- Oats (Rolled/Old Fashioned work best)
- FINAFLEX Clear Protein (We use the Double Chocolate flavor)
- Peanut Butter (We used smooth, but you can use crunchy for more texture!)
- Handful of Chocolate Chips
On their own, these ingredients sound simple enough, and you might even have all of them in your pantry already. That’s the beauty behind this recipe, we're taking pantry staples that everyone has laying around, and combining them to make something new and absolutely delicious.
The secret to making the best protein balls is using high-quality protein powder. You want something that’s going to taste amazing, and has a smooth mouth feel. A gritty or chalky protein powder will quickly turn this delicious treat into a powdery mess. That’s why we suggest using FINAFLEX’s Clear Protein. It’s famous for being extra smooth and fine. It combines so effortlessly that you won’t even be able to tell that there’s protein in these, because all you’ll taste is creamy chocolate!
Now, grab a large bowl, and let’s get started on making these awesome protein balls!
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Adjust the ratios according to your personal preferences and the consistency of the mixture.
- Stir everything together until it’s well combined. If your mixture is getting too thick or solid to comfortably stir, add some more water or honey. If it’s too thin to stick to itself in balls, you’ll need to add more oats or protein powder to thicken it up.
- Once everything is combined, take individual scoops of the mixture into your hands and roll them into bite-sized balls. Pro-tip! If you want perfectly consistent protein balls, use a small ice cream scoop to portion all of them exactly the same.
- Place the balls on a lined baking sheet, making sure to leave some space between them so they don’t stick together.
- Place them in the fridge to cool down and solidify a bit more.
- (Optional) Mix things up! You can add your favorite nuts, seeds, or dried fruit to this recipe to infuse different flavors and textures. Experiment with your own custom blends!
- (Also Optional) After the balls are chilled, you can toss them in a little extra protein powder. This not only adds some additional chocolate flavor, but it also stops them from sticking to one another if you want to stack them to store.
That’s it! It couldn’t be easier to just throw all of these ingredients together and make a delicious snack for on-the-go protein. We tested these out at the FINAFLEX test kitchen in our headquarters and they were a massive hit! Everyone loves these things, whether you’re a protein junkie or not. They’re great for some post-gym protein, or as a sneaky way to get a little bit of extra nutrition in your kid’s snack time. No matter who you are, we could probably all use a little bit more protein, so why not make it easy, fun, and delicious?
Try these for yourself and let us know what you think of our famous Clear Protein powder!